[plug] cedega ?

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 14:06:44 WST 2006

> Just recently I installed Steam (HL2 and CS:S) as part of my Ubuntu & Gentoo
> Installations.  On newer hardware, it really runs quite well, to the point I
> can hardly tell the difference between playing in WinXP and Linux apart from
> the loading times.  However these two games are fairly old now, I'm not sure
> what it would be like if you attempted to play Prey or Fear or FarCry.

I assume you used Cedega to get HL2 working? I tried when it first
came out, and gave up. I think having an AMD64 just makes that a
little bit harder, as you first need the 32bit chroot working
flawlessly (which Nvidia's drivers don't make any easier), before you
can get this working.

When you say load times are different... Which did you find faster? ;-)

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au