[plug] Gnome help

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Tue Aug 22 15:50:51 WST 2006

G'day all,

I just can't figure this one out.. in Windowmaker it's so easy.
What I want to do is pin an application and its child windows to a workspace.
I have 8 workspaces configured

1 - Thunderbird
2 - Firefox
3 - OpenOffice
4 - Gaim
5 - Xchat
6 - Kontact
7 - Xterms and development stuff
8 - Xterms and development stuff

All I want to do is have Gaim always place its windows and popups in workspace 4. In windowmaker
this was so easy, but I just can't find a way to do this in Gnome.

I'm running Gnome 2.14.3 with Ubuntu 6.06

Someone strike me mercilessly with the clue bat please..

Brad