[plug] Re: plug Digest, Vol 30, Issue 21 Linux on iMac

Peter Spicer-Wensley pspicerwensley at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 22 23:52:10 WST 2006

Peace, Pluggers!

Gavin's grief could be a short search away -
As well as seeking out WAMUGGERS (the WA Mac Users group) I would
suggest getting online and pointing your browse at the following:

Distrowise you have a number of options:
YDL SuSE Ubuntu etc

OpenSuSE Linux 10.1 on PPC Page
http://en.opensuse.org/POWER%40SUSE

Follow the links especially to install issues:
http://en.opensuse.org/PPC_Installation_Issues

See MacSlash for advice distrowise
http://macslash.org/

Low End Mac Linux pages
http://www.lowendmac.com/linux/index.shtml

Getting Ubuntu up and Running On A PowerPC Mac
http://www.lowendmac.com/crews/05/1214.html

Preparing Your PCI PowerMac for Linux
http://www.lowendmac.com/stotler/06/0726.html

Yellow Dog linux
http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/ydl/

YDL Article
http://www.ppcnerds.org/Article243.html

Mac on Linux (reverse of what you want but still interesting)
http://www.maconlinux.org/

PenguinPPC
http://www.penguinppc.org/

The PPC Zone