[plug] recovering data off scratched cd [off-topic]

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Fri Dec 1 11:38:00 WST 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 18:43 +0800, Caleb Duggan wrote:
> Thanks for all the help. Dvdisaster was unable to fix it...it did allow it
> to install because it meant the files existed but, there's one map file
> which is corrupted which it needs for the campaigns in it. I think i'll
> take it to the video store and get it resurfaced next and if that dosent
> work i might resort to toothpaste.

Sorry to hear that it wasn't a complete success.  But, good that you
found only one file irretrievable.  Can you try downloading the
corrupted file from somewhere?

I like the way that dvdisaster says in it's manual that it gets best
results recovering data if you've got a good copy of the data first (or
words to that effect) ...  Well, DAH!  Who would need a data recovery
app if you already had a good copy? :-/

Gavin