[plug] [OT] Changing logic boards on failed seagate drives?

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 13:00:08 WST 2006

On 12/1/06, Chris Caston <caston at arach.net.au> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone here ever changed the logic board on a failed seagate drive
> without or without success?
>
> I notice they are fairly easy to remove with the right screw-bit. Did
> you require the exact same logic board to get data off the drive?

I would assume so. I have 2 identical drives, one dead (burnt chip)
waiting for me to remove the other board and try it. Let me know if
you get it to work. (One reason I'm not doing it yet, is the good
drive is my system drive, and I have 2 more years before I need the
data off the bad drive)

Thanks

Tim
--