[plug] Daylight Rubbish

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Sun Dec 3 19:44:55 WST 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 18:21 +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 16:59 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 16:17 +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> >
> > Basically, it says the patch is available from the usual repos.
> >
> > I tried to be selective and not just do an across the board update, but
> > couldn't find any specific 'time' patch by name.  So I did a general
> > update, stopped trying so hard, and then let the package upgrades take
> > effect.  Then, both 'date' and 'hwclock' showed the correct daylight
> > saving time and I was able to get my desktop clock correct, too.  One of
> > the problems I saw early in the day was that some timeservers seemed to
> > dishing up the wrong time for most of the morning (at least to me eyes),
> > but that seems okay now, too.
> >
> > Gavin
>
> Gavin,
>
> I've been checking on YOU and the new updater and there is nothing
> available - how did you get the fix?

As said, I tried to be selective but nothing was obvious, so I just did
a 'smart update' and it just seemed to work :-/  Before that I was
wrestling for ages with trying to force it manually with GMT+9hrs and
stuff :-/  Sorry can't be more helpful.  Do you have guru,
download.opensuse and the like in your repo list?  One other thing,
bbvious really, but I assume you've updated your repo cache very, very
recently ;-) ?

Gavin.