[plug] Daylight Rubbish

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Sun Dec 3 19:59:40 WST 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 18:35 +0900, Michael Holland wrote:
> Gavin,
> I thought JBidWatcher was supposed to sync with eBay's clock, and not
> be bothered by the local setting ???

So did I - until today :-(  There was an item I particularly wanted to
snipe and JBidWatcher was telling me it was finished an hour before it
really had :-/  I checked in a browser and it hadn't finished.  Plus,
when I had really screwed up my hwclock clock to be _hours_ out of whack
java picked up that time, too. Apparently, I found it turns out to need
a patch for java specific to "Western Australia: Providing support for
DST starting on 3 December 2006":

<http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/dst/index.html>

I haven't applied the patch, but JBidWatcher is still a bit flakey and
my login cookie reported in the status bar of JBidWatcher is 1hr 1min
behind my system time set off the UWA time server :-/

Gavin