[plug] Invitation to SLPWA social function (and AGM) on Thursday

Nathan D natdan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 16:51:34 WST 2006

> On 04/12/06, Ian Kent < > wrote:
>>  On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 12:23 +0800, Alastair Irvine wrote:
>>  The first step towards this expansion is a networking event and
>> social function being held as part of our Annual General Meeting
>> this Thursday night (the 7th of December).  Anyone involved with
>> the ICT industry is invited to both parts of the event.  People who
>> deal with ICT industry members and organisations are also welcome.
>
>  I give in what means ICT?
>  Ian

1st (non-sponsored) link when googling "ICT" -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_technology

"In the United Kingdom education system, information technology was
formally integrated into the school curriculum when the National
Curriculum was devised. It was quickly realised that the work covered
was useful in all subjects. With the arrival of the Internet and the
broadband connections to all schools, the application of IT knowledge,
skills and understanding in all subjects became a reality. This change
in emphasis has resulted in a change of name from Information
Technology to Information and Communication Technology (ICT)."

Footnote on the same page reads -
"^ Information Technology is also known as Information and
Communication(s) Technology (ICT) and Infocomm in Asia."

I guess that these UK and Asian terms also apply to Oz as well :)

regards,
  Nathan D.

natdan at gmail.com
2000+ Mbs of email !!