[plug] Invitation to SLPWA social function (and AGM) on Thursday

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Dec 5 12:29:01 WST 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Ian Kent wrote:

> Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:51:25 +0900
> From: Ian Kent <raven at themaw.net>
> To: plug at plug.org.au
> Cc: AUUG-Talk <talk at auug.org.au>,
>     Steve's AOSS6 list <aoss6 at digitalsmarties.com>,
>     First Tuesday List <first_tuesday at neep.com.au>
> Subject: Re: [plug] Invitation to SLPWA social function (and AGM) on Thursday
>
> On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 16:42 +0900, Ian Kent wrote:
>> On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 12:23 +0800, Alastair Irvine wrote:
>>
>>> The first step towards this expansion is a networking event and
>>> social function being held as part of our Annual General Meeting
>>> this Thursday night (the 7th of December).  Anyone involved with
>>> the ICT industry is invited to both parts of the event.  People who
>>> deal with ICT industry members and organisations are also welcome.
>>
>> I give in what means ICT?
>
> Information and Communications Technology, maybe?
>
> Information - never give any of that stuff out!
> Communications - couldn't communicate if my like depended on it!
> Technology - ummm ....
>
> I are only a Software Engineer, guess I better cancel my RSVP then.
>
> Ian

Ah, so you have an engineering degree, then, as required by the IEEE
Computer Society, for a person to be designated as a Software Engineer,
rather than as a Software Developer?

Good for you.

Apparently, many people say that they are Software Engineers, but do
not hold the required engineeering degree.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."