[plug] Invitation to SLPWA social function (and AGM) on Thursday

Ian Kent raven at themaw.net
Wed Dec 6 11:38:10 WST 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 12:29 +0900, Bret Busby wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Ian Kent wrote:
>
> > Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:51:25 +0900
> > From: Ian Kent <raven at themaw.net>
> > To: plug at plug.org.au
> > Cc: AUUG-Talk <talk at auug.org.au>,
> >     Steve's AOSS6 list <aoss6 at digitalsmarties.com>,
> >     First Tuesday List <first_tuesday at neep.com.au>
> > Subject: Re: [plug] Invitation to SLPWA social function (and AGM) on Thursday

> >> I give in what means ICT?
> >
> > Information and Communications Technology, maybe?
> >
> > Information - never give any of that stuff out!
> > Communications - couldn't communicate if my like depended on it!
> > Technology - ummm ....
> >
> > I are only a Software Engineer, guess I better cancel my RSVP then.
> >
> > Ian
> >

> Ah, so you have an engineering degree, then, as required by the IEEE
> Computer Society, for a person to be designated as a Software Engineer,
> rather than as a Software Developer?
>
> Good for you.
>
> Apparently, many people say that they are Software Engineers, but do
> not hold the required engineeering degree.

No, it's just my job title.
In fact my degree is Mathematics with a Computer Science major.

What? You say!

There's no such thing as Bachelor of Mathematics.
Well there was at Newcastle University (NSW).
And when I was their, I believe it was the only uni. offering a degree
in Computer Engineering in oz.

Ian