[plug] dual-boot "gamers" machine h/w suggestions please?

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 18:42:48 WST 2006

> Principle questions relate to chipset performance for a given CPU, memory,
> hdd transfer rate, clock speed, etc I imagine.   This is where I think IBM
> tends to tread on the cautious side so in general their mobos are less
> punchy that some of the specs I've read.

For games? Personally...
AMD, nForce4 based systems. Nvidia graphics systems, and stock
standard DDR RAM (1GB minimum). SATA HDD's. I think if you can find a
"brand name" that can offer that, then go for it.

You'll want to look around shops like Nintek, PLE, Trinix, etc etc.

For example

http://ple.com.au/?p=extremeamd&s=fo2e0qb47u7cer8k13sb8gkhs0

Also, Nintek has a "Configurator" thing, for selecting parts, and
they'll build it for you.
http://www.nintek.com.au/x/scripts/configurator.asp

Tim
--