[plug] and more DST:

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 7 09:36:24 WST 2006

and more DST:

I use a set of "expire" rules in an iptables firewall to restict my
youngest from his game sites until his morning chores are done, and late
at night etc.  Works well, and because its a machine doing it, and not
his parents he seems more accepting of it (less arguments!)

However, I just got a call that he its now past 9am and he is still
locked out - as school is out can I please fix it.

Seems that iptables doesnt know about the changed DST, so it looks like
a reboot (temp fudged the rule times by an hour so its working) - I dont
know of any other way to force it.  I suspect rules using geoip also
cannot be updated except by reboot.

BillK