[plug] Re: plug Digest, Vol 34, Issue 4

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 16:25:59 WST 2006

On 12/4/06, Cameron Patrick <cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au> wrote:
> Ben Woods wrote:
>
> > It appears the plug servers are still running at +8 time since I just
> > received the batch email at 1pm rather than 12pm...
>
> PLUG believes in the sanctity of God's Own Time Zone; viz. GMT+0800.  As
> such, {shameless,kettle,spark}.plug.org.au are remaining on daylight
> squandering time.
>
> Cameron
> (Lazy PLUG admin and spinmeister)

Oh no, does this mean work needs to be done on the servers?!?!
I mean, I can't remember the last time work had to be done on these
lovely rock solid servers! But can we do such an upgrade to such
critical servers???!?!?
Oh well, if it HAS to be done... Lets see, what's our hourly charge
again? $80/hr I think it was. And minimum of 1 hours pay.... So do you
want the work, or how about me? Hmmm, 5 minutes work, get paid for an
hour... I think I'll take it ;-)

Tim
(Not So Lazy PLUG admin and money extortionist)
p.s. Why does the date command still show as WST on all these Debian
machines I've applied the timezone patch to?
--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au