[plug] imap & pop server

Mark O Shea mark at musicalstoat.co.uk
Wed Dec 13 22:31:46 WST 2006

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:29:08 +0800, Tim Bowden wrote
> Hi all,
>
> I'm after an imap and pop3 server for a low load & small hardware
> situation.  The choice seems to be between cyrus (higher performance
> but harder to set up) or dovecot (lower performance but easier to
> set up). Anyone want to disagree or throw anything else into the mix?

I use dovecot for a low load, small hardware server.  It works fine.  I've
had to restart it twice in about two years when it hung.  If that bothers
you spend the time setting up a higher end imap server.

I have however heard of people having more problems that me with dovecot
(some of them apparently through no fault of their own too), so I expect
YMMV.

--
Mark O'Shea
Tired, aching and covered with cement.