[plug] imap & pop server

Adrian Woodley Adrian at ScreamingRoot.org
Thu Dec 14 07:41:29 WST 2006

I've had a lot of success with Courier-imap. It supports a lot of moderately advanced features with ease, such as:

* TLS/SSL
* Maildirs
* LDAP/PostgreSQL/MySQL authentication (virtual accounts)

Will you may not be overly interested in the last option, I'd recommend investigating setting up TLS/SSL and Maildirs.

Adrian

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:29:08 +0800, Tim Bowden <tim.bowden at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm after an imap and pop3 server for a low load & small hardware
> situation.  The choice seems to be between cyrus (higher performance but
> harder to set up) or dovecot (lower performance but easier to set up).
> Anyone want to disagree or throw anything else into the mix?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim Bowden
> Mapforge Geospatial

~#