[plug] hot freeze - not a contradiction in terms

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Fri Dec 15 09:32:51 WST 2006

On Friday 15 December 2006 02:18, Jim Householder wrote:
> >Have you recently done an update? I'm having similar sounding
> >problems with my home sever since about a week ago. It's really
> >annoying because this system collects environmental data from a
> >weather station, and every time it is down I have a gap in my
> >records :-(
>
> You might want to consider a watchdog timer.  While it will not solve
> the problem, it could reduce the size of the gaps.

Good idea - I'll see if my hardware supports it.

I may be tempting fate here by mentioning it before having done much testing,
but I *seem* to have bypassed the problem by disabling the screen saver. I
neglected to say earlier that I am running a KDE desktop, so it *may* be the
VIA Unichrome video driver causing the problem.

Steve

--
Steve Boak, (08) 9756 0662, P.O. Box 240, Nannup, WA 6275
Nannup Telecentre IT support, ph (08) 9756 3022