[plug] Routing over a VPN link?

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 11:19:45 WST 2006

Hi all,

I have a weird problem with a remote system I'm connecting to
(standard chap PPTP VPN, no MPPE). I'm using sarge, and the VPN
connects, receives IP addresses, etc, but for some reason I don't get
any response to any connection attempts through it. I've tried both
the remote end as reported from ifconfig, as well as another machine
on that network which I know exists.

The weird part is, it does work fine under XP :-/  I've attached
i[fp]config and route output for both machines. The existing remote
machine I'm ultimately trying to get to is 192.168.1.2, hence the
static route added under Linux. The XP output has a lot of extra
routing for things like vmware, other VPN clients, etc - just ignore
them :)

Any ideas?

Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.