[plug] Ubuntu - baaahhh!!!!! Humbug

Mike Holland myk.list at westnet.com.au
Thu Dec 28 14:26:18 WST 2006

Mark J Gaynor wrote:

> OK, so now you know one of my pet hate with Linux. It is still very much
> a gourmet OS, when you think about it. (not for everyone yet!)

The same with Windows or even MACOS. Remember that most people cannot
program their VCR, let alone use Windows properly.
   In years to come, most people will not have general-purpose computers.
Its just too hard. They will have consumer appliances for web, email,
etc.
    Look at the current mobile phones. Maybe you can install a java game,
but you cannot alter the built-in menus, mail client, network libraries
etc. That is the consumer PC of tomorrow.

Bring back front-panel toggle switches, i say. Who needs grub when you
can load the boot code by hand?

Happy New Year.