[plug] Routing over a VPN link?

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 15:16:36 WST 2006

On 12/28/06, Carl Gherardi <carl.gherardi at gmail.com> wrote:
> A couple of things.
>
> It looks like the subnet mask of /32 is your issue. Any address that
> isn't 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.1.249 is routing via eth0 on the linux
> box.
>
> No loopback for 192.168.1.224, shouldn't affect though

Aren't both of those normal for point-to-point connections? I just
tried it on another remote link and it comes up exactly the same...  I
don't ultimately care about getting anywhere else as long as .1.2
works.

> Assuming you dont control the vpn setup, the admin may have limited
> vpn access to a subset of machines that doesn't include 192.168.1.2

I can't test at the moment since the other end isn't responding at
all, but if this were the case why would it have worked on XP? Unless
there's some funky nonstandard IP stack in the way that Linux isn't
liking, but I don't think I want to ponder the implications...

Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.