[plug] Routing over a VPN link?

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 15:48:53 WST 2006

On 12/28/06, Jason Nicholls <jason at mindsocket.com.au> wrote:
> looks like you probably have to setup a route for either 192.168.1.2 or
> the entire 192.168.1.0/24 with an appropriate gateway specified (not
> just interface ppp0).
>
> Perhaps try something like (after ppp0 is up), and I can't test myself sorry:
>
> route add -host 192.168.1.2 gw 192.168.1.249
>
> gw should be the other end of the ppp link.

Hmm... I've just tried it, but no change.

I wouldn't have thought it would need the IP defined, given that it's
a PtP link so can only get to one IP directly; certainly none of the
other 50-odd VPNs on this machine need it.

Thanks anyway,
Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.