[plug] Prevent Gateway from redirecting

vertito vertito at aim-consultants.com
Sat Dec 30 04:43:38 WST 2006

i presume you are have a flat network on that subnet as the routing and switch table
shows there's a direct and shorter route hop to the modem instead of going to the gateway
first.

why not implement a VLAN ?
or connect the whole subnet directly to the other interface of the linux box using
a crossed cable so everything goes to the gateway straight first before the modem,
as an alternative to switched VLAN network.

HTH