[plug] Create multiple users using scripts

Meryon Montgomery monts at westnet.com.au
Wed Feb 1 18:34:48 WST 2006

Hi,
I have an Ubuntu (breezy) server acting as a samba PDC at work. My
question is this:

Is there a script that can allow me to add multiple (>40) users with all
the same setting in one script? I need to create both the linux and
samba accounts with a set password, either a fixed word or something
like their name.

I was thinking of setting up the required information in a text file
with one user per line like this

username1,Real Name
username2,Real Name

and then feeding that information into another script that creates the
needed accounts.

Am I one the right track or am I barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks
Monts