[plug] Bluetooth headset connection issue

Clare Johnstone claregj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 15:30:56 WST 2006

On 2/2/06, Adam Davin <byteme-its at westnet.com.au> wrote:

I haven't played around with connecting the phone much as yet, I don't
> think the headset uses the /dev/rfcomm connection. When I do connect my
> phone I get a /dev/bluetooth/rfcommX device, however, the headset
> registers as an audio device and thus shows up under /dev/dsp1.
          Interesting, I plan to get a headset but not sure whether one
          for my head or to have hanging in the car.
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=7902368&forum_id=1881
         thanks also for that, helpful

> The link suggests that the headset is not remembering the "link key"
> that is set up during the pairing, hence when I delete the key
> from /var/lib/bluetooth/<btaddress>/linksys it asks for a pin and
> recreates the key and all is happy, until, of course, I power cycle
> the headset.
>
> One other thing, the page above mentions "hstest" from the bluez suite
> of utilities, but I can't find it, I don't know if any one else knows
> where it might be hiding..
      It is hiding in the subdirectory test of the bluez-utils source.
I don't think it is
      compiled unless you ask specifically for it which I don.t know how to do.

cheers,
clare