[plug] Changing IP Address

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Feb 3 05:12:25 WST 2006

Thanks for that, as no one seemed to have the answer in the Novell Forum, nor in the OES book I bought.

Jon

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 05:23 +0800, Jon Miller wrote:
> Like to know if anyone has tried to change the IP address on an OES Linux server.  I know it's not a matter of just changing the IP address of the interface cards, because all of the services will cease to function (LDAP, iManager, Remote Manager, etc).  Unlike the tool used in NetWare 6.5, Novell seemed to have left this out.
> Looking for a tool that can search through the system and make the changes. These are the items in the /etc directory.

Jon,

You really should be posting these on the Novell Forums - as it isn't
really a "linux" thing. It's a Novell thing.

But to get a quick answer to you - you need to go into YAST and
re-configure most of the novell services like Virtual Office, iFolder,
iManager, etc etc.. It's pretty simple, click on it - it will warn you
that it is already configured - so you say YES I want to reconfigure it.
Takes all of about 10 mins.

--
Cheers,

Ranz