[plug] Changing IP Address

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 3 20:51:54 WST 2006

Its the "4" version thats affected - and I not going to shell out for a
new 5 licence (its my own money!) - not worth it.
Qemu is a viable replacement these days - only slightly slower so for
home Ive reinstalled my ancient W2K into that - goodbye vmware!

And for work, so far even oracle forms works fine (firefox), so the only
reason to run vmware there (they bought me a v4 licence) is the odd
crummy excel spreadsheet that OO doesnt handle.  If I need it before
they fix vmware, I'll convert that to qemu as well.

BillK

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 17:51 +0800, Tomasz Grzegurzko wrote:
> My vmware works fine under gentoo...
>
> [ebuild   R   ] sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r1  -build -doc
> -symlink (-ultra1) 0 kB
> [ebuild   R   ] app-emulation/vmware-workstation-5.5.1.19175  0 kB
>
> Tomasz
>

> W.Kenworthy wrote:
> >
> > Try asking for help for vmware modules on the kernel mailing list!
> > gentoo at present does not have a working vmware package because of a
> > combination of security glitches and incompatibilities.  There's no
> > hurry to fix it, or put in any work on it "... because its a commercial
> > package ..."  There seems to be a bit of a love-hate relationship there!
Home!