[plug] Changing IP Address

Ranz ranz at devdata.net
Mon Feb 6 14:05:18 WST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 16:36 +0800, W.Kenworthy wrote:
> Maybe something like "thats commercial software for which you paid big
> dollars for - you should be directing your questions to them."

I must have been grumpy that day :)

I actually simpathise with Jon - at times trying to get information out
of Novell is like another software company we know and the only thing
that gets them talking is $$$$.

I too have the Open Enterprise Server  - Administrator's Handbook - SuSe
Linux Version - and there's not one mention of it about changing IP
address. It's like with M$ SBS 2003 - if you don't run the "wizards" -
you can pretty-well much destroy your setup if you change things like IP
addresses.

I only knew how to do it (and provided him with the answer - albeit
grumpy) - because of trial and error and a few Novell Certified courses
last year - and quite a large hole in my bank account because of them!

/* To get back on to where the "thread" has gone, I was pointing out
that it wasn't "a Linux thing" - it was a Proprietary Licensed Software
Product thing ... Or am I wrong, has Plug now turned into a Novell
Professional/Engineers Support Group? If so, I have a million questions
that need to be answered ... */

* and don't take this last paragraph seriously please!

--
Cheers,

Ranz