[plug] updating Debian kernel

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sat Feb 4 01:51:37 WST 2006

My plans are to put in another drive or same or larger size and dd the existing to the new one only for backup purposes.

Jon

>>> bruce_axtens at yahoo.com.au 10:01:39 am 3/02/2006 >>>

> dd can cause major, major data loss if not used
> properly. (One example
> of this is the /. story of someone trying to copy a
> boot-sector from a
> hard disc to a floppy and getting his if and of
> mixed up. No more boot
> sector on either the floppy or the hard disc!) )

Or, in my case, attempting to copy a disk image to a
floppy and inadvertently copying it to my thumb drive.
A lot of files got thoroughly, utterly, trashed.

Bruce.

---
Warning:
This web site contains images and information which might disturb some viewers,
it may also affect the way you perceive the world around you
-- http://www.answersingenesis.org.au

http://au.local.yahoo.com
PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au