[plug] Novell Desktop Linux 10 Technology demo Videos

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 14:43:49 WST 2006

On 2/5/06, Brad Campbell <brad at wasp.net.au> wrote:
> Bernd Felsche wrote:
>
> > You'd also be hard-pressed finding an enterprise with 5000 AutoCAD
> > *licences* for each of its desktops.
> >
> > AutoCAD is actually pretty close to crap for proper Engineering.
>
> I speak from recent experience :) Trust me.. 5k desktops - 5k copies of Acad and a funky global
> licensing agreement.
>
> As for Outlook.. this particular enterprise wrings the maximum out of it and exchange with global
> shared calendars, todo lists and other funky stuff.. because they can.
>
> They migrated away from Netscape clients and servers not that long ago..

Yeah I too have seen a few Companies in WA with nearly that many
licences of AutoCAD <insert wince of pain here>.
If the next version of outlook/exchange even approaches the level of
"Groupware competency"  there is in Notes/Domino. The rest of the
world is going to find it _very_ hard to not use it.

/disclaimer
This is speaking from a large corporate environment perspective, with
employee's numbering in thousands.

--
www.modmeup.net
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10