[plug] Novell Desktop Linux 10 Technology demo Videos

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sun Feb 5 14:38:12 WST 2006

Bernd Felsche wrote:

> You'd also be hard-pressed finding an enterprise with 5000 AutoCAD
> *licences* for each of its desktops.
>
> AutoCAD is actually pretty close to crap for proper Engineering.

I speak from recent experience :) Trust me.. 5k desktops - 5k copies of Acad and a funky global
licensing agreement.

As for Outlook.. this particular enterprise wrings the maximum out of it and exchange with global
shared calendars, todo lists and other funky stuff.. because they can.

They migrated away from Netscape clients and servers not that long ago..