[plug] lsh installation and etc?

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sun Feb 5 19:42:20 WST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 16:50, Chris Caston wrote:

> Can I not do this with the standard ssh that comes (I think) with a base
> Debian system and how different is this to lsh?
>

>From what I have been told by a co-worker lsh is kinda like to ssh what
tiny-dns is to BIND and I should be able to do what I want with OpenSSH.
lsh is argued to be more secure (and less feature rich) but that is
debatable.

He says its a hassle if you need to SSH in but don't have the key but I
plan to only be able to login through my notebook.

He also suggests I look into opie for one-time-password technology.

A point I also brought up is that more complex authentication schemes
like credential and and authentication encryption can sometimes be
subject to buffer overflow or other types of malicious attacks.

regards,

Chris