[plug] Echolinux: VOIP, ham

Kai Jones KaiJ at kamsc.org.au
Mon Feb 6 09:32:15 WST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Householder [mailto:nofixed at westnet.com.au]
Sent: Friday, 3 February 2006 7:46 PM
To: plug at plug.org.au; caston at arach.net.au
Subject: Re: [plug] Echolinux: VOIP, ham

>Chris Caston wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Has anyone here played around with linking ham over the internet?
>>
>> I'd like to join (if one exists or start if it doesn't) a community of
>> people that use a "ham over VOIP" like service over ADSL,wifi and 3g.
>> Ideally it should work even from a moving vehicle.
>>
>> related link:
>>
>> http://cqinet.sourceforge.net/
>>
>I would think a visit to your local newsagent would be a good start.
>Check out the publications on ham radio.  There should be something there
to get you started.

>Jim

I realise this is not may not be exactly what you're looking for but for a
service that doesn't require an amateur radio license that lets you listen
to all different types of radio from MW to SHF, maybe check www.dxtuners.com
? I'll state right now that I am one of the founding members of this site,
I've been with it since it kicked off in 1997, there is guest membership
available if you want to have a look but to access the whole network you'll
have to subscrbe.

Cheers,
Kai - VK6KSJ