[plug] ISPs in WA

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Mon Feb 6 15:11:27 WST 2006

Senectus . wrote:
> Speed wise I'm fine on amnet.. no problems there at all (except their
> DNS keeps going offline :-/ )
> But Support is a shocker.
> never _ever_ bother to use e-mail, it's a waste of electrons, ring
> them and stay on hold for 15 Min's is the best bet.. and it gets
> things done.
> But Luckily I don't need their support very often so all in all I'm
> happy with my 8/1 Amnet connection.

I've only needed help once in the 18 months I've been with my ISP, and
that was right back when I first connected through them.  This weekend
just gone they were down for several hours, ostencibly due to some other
3rd party being down.  That's it in 18 months!  I have a
1.5m/256k/unlimited traffic (shaped after 20g) account for just
$50.00/month and the bandwidth seems fine (downloads typically 150 to
170 kps).  As I said already, I've only needed their help once, and that
was fine.  I could say more if the service wasn't as good as it seems to
be so far.  For that price you don't get a fixed IP, but that doesn't
worry me, as a home user.  Have a look at tpg.com.au  :-)

Cheers
Kev

Btw, I dont work for them, never have worked for them and I don't know
anyone who does - good service needs a plug (no pun intended)

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!