[plug] ISPs in WA

Daniel Pearson gpearson at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 6 16:08:27 WST 2006

Senectus . wrote:
> Speed wise I'm fine on amnet.. no problems there at all (except their
> DNS keeps going offline :-/ )
> But Support is a shocker.
> never _ever_ bother to use e-mail, it's a waste of electrons, ring
> them and stay on hold for 15 Min's is the best bet.. and it gets
> things done.
> But Luckily I don't need their support very often so all in all I'm
> happy with my 8/1 Amnet connection.

Ah, I thought I had seen you plugging around on the Whirlpool forums :-)

Likewise, don't bother e-mailing or calling and waiting for a callback,
because you'll never get one. A quick read through the Amnet group in
the 'Other Broadband' section will confirm this 1000x.

Connection has been rock solid however, always synching at a full 8/1,
with the only issue being the DNS issues they've been having lately,
which was solved for me by dumping in other ISPs IPs for the time being.

Cheers; Dan