[plug] ISPs in WA

Kai Jones KaiJ at kamsc.org.au
Mon Feb 6 15:14:20 WST 2006

In the last six or so years I've been with WestNet I've had very few
problems with them, the only problem I've recently had is trying to get the
phone preselect at my parents place changed from being on my account to my
parents account, but I'm talking to direct to WestNet about that and it's
not something I'll loose sleep over anyway.

FWIW I'm on WestNet 512/512, have been for a coupla years and it's all good.
My old work is the POP host for TPG in town and knowing what TPG's NOC was
like to deal with, figuring out that NOC and Helpdesk don't talk to each
other - at all, and being treated like an absolute n00b when contacting the
helpdesk because the NOC changed phone numbers without telling us and we had
no connectivity for a day (due to faults in Karratha exchange caused by TC
Clare). Also realising how much bandwidth they (don't) have here, I'll never
use them.