[plug] SuSE 10 Linux and Audacity

John Godfrey Foster johnfoster at aapt.net.au
Mon Feb 6 16:14:48 WST 2006

My installation does not include Audacity or the required widget files.

YaST installed  wxGTK and wxGTK-compat without any problem. These were on the
installation CD's and in the system.

But (according to open linux)  I also needed wxGTK-devel. This is not on the
installation CD's I have.

I tried to install wxGTK-devel which I got from rpmpbone.net. To many
conflicts according to YaST.

I believe this file exists on SuSE 10 via the DVD installation.

I also installed with YaST  wxGTK-devel from rpmpbone.net.  It installed
without a problem, but as a protected file, because it did not have a SuSE
signature. So I have deleted it. In case of potential conflict I think I need
SuSE signature files.

Does anybody know where SuSE signature, SuSE 10 files for the following can be
obtained?

wxGTK-devel
wxGTK-common
wxGTK2

The only signature Audacity package I can find is from packman.links2linux.org
But this is a Beta version. Does anybody know where a standard version can be
got. It might be on the DVD version.