[plug] Changing IP Address

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Mon Feb 6 19:39:53 WST 2006

I had wondered if it was similar to the NW6.5 where if you change the IP address without the wizard of iManager you will cause you server to malfunction.  Seen this too many times.

As for Novell Support goes, it pretty tough to ask a simple question without having to dish out big $$$.  Even as a Gold Partner I find it hard to use an incident on something that should be documented.

JLM

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 16:36 +0800, W.Kenworthy wrote:
> Maybe something like "thats commercial software for which you paid big
> dollars for - you should be directing your questions to them."

I must have been grumpy that day :)

I actually simpathise with Jon - at times trying to get information out
of Novell is like another software company we know and the only thing
that gets them talking is $$$$.

I too have the Open Enterprise Server  - Administrator's Handbook - SuSe
Linux Version - and there's not one mention of it about changing IP
address. It's like with M$ SBS 2003 - if you don't run the "wizards" -
you can pretty-well much destroy your setup if you change things like IP
addresses.

I only knew how to do it (and provided him with the answer - albeit
grumpy) - because of trial and error and a few Novell Certified courses
last year - and quite a large hole in my bank account because of them!

/* To get back on to where the "thread" has gone, I was pointing out
that it wasn't "a Linux thing" - it was a Proprietary Licensed Software
Product thing ... Or am I wrong, has Plug now turned into a Novell
Professional/Engineers Support Group? If so, I have a million questions
that need to be answered ... */

* and don't take this last paragraph seriously please!

--
Cheers,

Ranz

my Karma ran over your Dogma