[plug] ISPs in WA

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Mon Feb 6 19:46:57 WST 2006

Yeah I can relate to this one, took over 6-9 months to sort out a billing issue.  Moved a client to their service and next thing I knew the service was so bad it was quite embarrassing.  When I suggest where the problem was (like the atm is stating a bad username or password) they still do not check until they have tried all sorts of things.  Granted in the end it gets done, but it should never get to the point where the customer has to send them a printout of the error.  I've had to do this about 5 times in a row.  That is due to not inputting the correct information in the first place.
I've been with Amcom (when they were Amnet) and I really liked the service, but lately, it's taken special phone calls to the GM to get things happening.

Once they get large customer service goes out the door.

JLM

Ranz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it just me or are others of you experiencing bad service with ISPs.
> Maybe we were spoilt with Arachnet before they "merged". I certainly
> think so. There has also been some comment about WestNet and iiNet over
> the recent weeks. We've been well used to Telstra and a few other
> "National" companies over the years to now be "passive" to their bad
> service. Is this the result for all ISPs? Do they grow too big and end
> up loosing the customer support aspect?

I would agree with this comment. Amcon are basically hopeless.

I placed a support call several weeks ago, and eventually got a return call.. G'day this
is Amcon, you placed a technical call about an hour ago."

"More like three days ago, mate"

"Oh sorry, it says here...."

My two bob's worth, Amcon DEFINITELY not recommended.

Alex
PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au