[plug] ISPs in WA

Walter HILL regfrem at connect.net.au
Tue Feb 7 07:57:38 WST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 14:49 +0800, Patrick Coleman wrote:
> On 06/02/06, Alex Polglaze <apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au> wrote:
> >

> > Ranz wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Is it just me or are others of you experiencing bad service with ISPs.
> > > Maybe we were spoilt with Arachnet before they "merged". I certainly
> > > think so. There has also been some comment about WestNet and iiNet over
> > > the recent weeks. We've been well used to Telstra and a few othe> > "National" companies over the years to now be "passive" to their bad
> > > service. Is this the result for all ISPs? Do they grow too big and end
> > > up loosing the customer support aspect?
> >
> > I would agree with this comment. Amcon are basically hopeless.
> >
> > I placed a support call several weeks ago, and eventually got a return call.. G'day this
> > is Amcon, you placed a technical call about an hour ago."
> >
> > "More like three days ago, mate"
> >
> > "Oh sorry, it says here...."
> >
> > My two bob's worth, Amcon DEFINITELY not recommended.
> >

> > Alex

I concur. Service with ArachNet has gone now that they have been bought.
As for iiNet they must have employed one of Telstra's ex Customs (not)
Service Managers for inspiration.

I guess most people don't put much value on service, their time. So if
your want to be a national service provider strip out the Tech Support
to increase profits.