[plug] problems with iinet this morning

WolfBite wolfbite_aus at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 12:06:35 WST 2006

Agree

I use my current provider AND a couple of OLD providers dns and NEVER have an issue :)

I also mack sure the ip range is different to (just incase of route problems)
203....
202....
etc

knock on wood, NEVER ever had a dns issue :)

Peter F Bradshaw <pfb at exadios.com> wrote: Hi;

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, William Kenworthy wrote:

> Anyone else having problems with iinet this morning (DNS amongst other
> things)?

I thought one of the advantages of using Linux was that you can run your
own DNS and not have to rely on your ISP for this. :-)

In any case you are not limited to your ISP's DNS. You can use any DNS
you wish. If you wish to use DNS servers other than your own it is
simply a matter of adding a number of IPs to your resolv.conf.

--
Peter F Bradshaw, http://www.exadios.com, ICQ 75431157 (exadios).
Public key at www.exadios.com/pfb.pgp.key and www.exadios.com/pfb.gpg.key
PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au