[plug] alternative business strategy?

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Sun Feb 12 09:22:22 WST 2006

On Saturday 11 February 2006 12:32, Quintin Lette wrote:
> I also see Publisher used a lot in NFPs which isn't available in OOo
> and I haven't seen anything compatible with the files either.

There's an open bug in the OOO bugzilla about that.

OOWriter has all of the facilities needed to replace MS-Publisher (I use
it for Publisher-like tasks regularly) but there is no import filter,
anmd the few small tweaks needed to make it 100% Publisher-capable
haven't been written. Find the bug and vote for it to help make that a
priority.

There's another bug open about Lotus Office file compatibility; if you
stumble across that one, Alex would appreciate you voting for it, too.

Meanwhile, I await with 'bated breath the mooted spinning-off of OO into
its own foundation, which should smash the last barriers to easy
contribution flat and ring in an new era of rapid progress.</soapbox>

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia