[plug] alternative business strategy?

Quintin Lette qlette at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 11:00:04 WST 2006

On 2/12/06, John Knight <anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >You obviously haven't seen pricing of Office for NFPs... to pay a
> >developer to implement your niche requirement would be a good few
> >years of savings from office.
>
> Sorry, could you restate that last part? Is that saying it'd take a few
> years of  what you would pay for Office, to pay the developer? Or is it
> saying it'd wouldn't be nearly as much?

The cost of office is very low (for NFPs), and developers don't come
cheap.. I'd say it would be a couple of office versions before the
cost savings were evident (assuming no SA, which would make it a long
time indeed). As for the private sector.. the time to break even would
be a lot shorter (NFPs get very very competitive pricing on MS
licenses)