[plug] alternative business strategy?

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Feb 13 07:52:30 WST 2006

On Sunday 12 February 2006 21:25, Quintin Lette wrote:
>> What if another organization sends them Framemaker, inDesign, Quark
>> or PageStream files?

> they would pay someone to convert it i guess, or ask them to resend
> in Publisher, I haven't seen many being sent in those formats,  .pub
> files are something I do see frequently though.

Printing shops will promptly ask you to convert the .pub to a .pdf, and
carefully inspect it before re-sending. I speak of printers who will
accept layout done in *Excel* format, too, which should give you some
idea of just how much MS-Publisher sucks for real-world applications.
Need I speculate on the difficulty of "accurately" converting a .pub to
something sane?

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia