[plug] kvm issues - plug Digest, Vol 24, Issue 14

Ari Finander outrider at operamail.com
Wed Feb 15 22:53:25 WST 2006

I had terrible problems with two Laser brand four port KVMs under both windows and linux. Using hotkey switching would cause these KVMs to stop recognising numbers at randome intervals following a switch.

I finally paid a bit more for a D-Link model (my 2 port Linksys and Sitecom KVMs never missed a beat) and the only problem I get now is an intermittent berserking under linux which is easilly corrected with scroll lock + scroll lock + m to reset the keyboard and mouse on the KVM. It doesn't do this under windows, but it's a rare thing (once a fortnight). I don't restart my FC3 or XP Home SP2 systems very often, so I haven't had much opportunity to observe it under these conditions. When I have, there have been no issues.

All of these are single VGA KVMs, so relevance to the original request for assistance is limited.

Ari