[plug] - Mozilla problem(s)

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Fri Feb 17 10:42:12 WST 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:54 pm, garry wrote:
> > problem seems to apply to the
> > Mozilla programmes only.
>
> Check the proxy settings..
> Edit --> Preferences --> Connection Settings

Thanks Garry.
Setting HTTP proxy to 'proxy.amnet.net.au' port 8080
in both cases brought mixed results - sometimes they worked but in most
instances there has been no change. It seems to me that setting a proxy might
not be solving the primary problem. I can find no reference to proxies in
configuring kmail or konqueror both of which are fine.
Clearly I need to know more about proxies, but I have never before needed to
ring Arachnet for their proxy address, and had both mozilla programmes
running fine on previous installations.
So any further suggestions would be appreciated...

regards
Dave D