[plug] linux 2 linux networking?

Adam Davin byteme-its at westnet.com.au
Sun Feb 19 21:52:27 WST 2006

Hello John,

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 20:39:34 +0800
"John Knight" <anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com> wrote:

> How on earth do I network two linux boxes? There's a million linux 2
> windoze tutorials, but just about nuttin' for linux 2 linux! where do
> i start? what programs should i use? :-/

I assume when you say "network" you mean file sharing. Assuming you
have the IP addresses set correctly, there are a number of ways you can
do it.

1. NFS exports / imports
2. Samba, having set up a samba server / client, this can then
communicate with another samba server / client as if it was a windows
box.
3. Ftp FTP server / Client
4. SCP Secure copy - install SSH and ssh clients.

Googling on the above should bring up a wealth of information.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

--

Adam Davin