[plug] mitsumi sr244w1 cd-rom drive (slim)

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Tue Feb 21 13:44:08 WST 2006

On 21 Feb 2006 at 10:10, Ranz wrote:

> > > I think that you will find that the "Compatibilty mode" is there to
> > > allow a SATA enabled BIOS to play nicely with parallel IDE devices.
> > >

> > Hmm now I've been playing with the onboard RAID controller and setup
> two
> > mirrored drives - and now we're back to square one with the not-
> detecting
> > CDROM issue :(
> >
> > grrr

1 :

In the BIOS where you configure the interface for the CDROM :

Have you selected 'Auto' ? - If so try setting it specifically to 'CDROM'

2 :

Is your CDROM on a Primary or Secondary channel ?

Does your BIOS give you a choice between :

'Primary P-ATA+S-ATA' for Primary Parallel ATA and Serial ATA ports.

and

'Secondary P-ATA+S-ATA' for Secondary Parallel ATA and Serial ATA ports.

IF so select according to the connection used for your CDROM drive.

Regards Arie