[plug] mitsumi sr244w1 cd-rom drive (slim)

Ranz ranz at devdata.net
Tue Feb 21 17:42:06 WST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 13:44 +0800, Arie Hol wrote:
> 1 :
>
> In the BIOS where you configure the interface for the CDROM :
>
> Have you selected 'Auto' ? - If so try setting it specifically to 'CDROM'

Yep :) it is set to "CDROM"

> 2 :
>
> Is your CDROM on a Primary or Secondary channel ?
>
> Does your BIOS give you a choice between :
>
> 'Primary P-ATA+S-ATA' for Primary Parallel ATA and Serial ATA ports.
>
> and
>
> 'Secondary P-ATA+S-ATA' for Secondary Parallel ATA and Serial ATA ports.
>
> IF so select according to the connection used for your CDROM drive.

It is kinda different in the BIOS - here's a basic rundown:

Under "Main":

> Primary IDE Master       [CDROM]
> Primary IDE Slave        [None]
> SATA Port 1              [80026MB SATA1]
> SATA Port 2              [80026MB SATA2]
> ... etc

Under "Advanced" - there is I/O Configuration:

Serial ATA: [Enabled]
   Native Mode Operation:   [Auto]  {Auto/Serial ATA}
   SATA Controller Mode Option:  [Enhanced]  {Compatible}
   >> SATA AHCI Enable	[Disable] {Enable}
   >> SATA RAID Enable  [Disable] {Enable}

Notes:
>> Compatible Mode: SATA and PATA drives are auto-detected and placed in
Legacy mode. (Default)
>> Enhcanced (non-AHCI) Mode: SATA and PATA drives are auto-detected and
placed in Native Mode.

Further info on the BIOS can be found here:

http://www.giga-byte.com/Server/Products/Products_RackmountServer_GS-SR157S.htm

specifically here:

http://www.giga-byte.com/Download/Download.asp?DownloadPath=/Server/FileList/Manual/sr157s_1001.pdf

and yes I've got the latest BIOS :D