[plug] Learning PHP advice

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 21:42:34 WST 2006

> Someone else mentioned still referring to the manual despite it bein
> ghte language they used the most. That's because PHP has the most
> monstrous Swiss Army Cutlery Set of randomly arranged functions I've
> ever seen in any language since GeeWhizBASIC or dBase/FoxBase days.
>
> "String Functions" is code for "Miscellaneous", so if you can't find
> something in its most logical place in the manual tree, try there.

Also, check the pear database, before you build an application, or a
large 'module'.... Chances are, you'll find one already made, to do
the job for you...

/says he who has just gotten deep into the first stages of the
building of an application (already prototyped it, and making vast
improvements on front and backends, and now discovered that a large
part of his application fronted, had a pear module available, that
would probably have saved him at least a week's worth of work...
Of course, the advantage of building my own Swiss set of Knives, is I
know how sharp they are, and how to get maximum out of them ;-)

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956