[plug] Changing the mount point of /home

John Godfrey Foster johnfoster at aapt.net.au
Sat Feb 25 18:24:06 WST 2006

My Suse linux 10 mounted 	/home 	as a locked folder on the same partition as
the system (hda8). This partition is now some 75% full.

I have a 6GB partition (hda6) which is not used. Suse recognises this
partition under path-folder 	/data1; and
also on the desktop under  icon My Computer then media/hda6

How do I change the mount point of /home to hda6 so that this change is
recognised by the system and given that its present folder at  hda8 is shown
as locked.

John