[plug] Overclocking a CPU

Bennett, Phillip Phillip.Bennett at bestroads.com.au
Tue Jan 3 08:51:42 WST 2006

I do.

I am currently running my AthlonXP 2800 (1.8GHz) at 3200+ (2.xxGHz).

Runs fine, just a little hot in the summer.  But that's not been a
problem this year. :)  It doesn't even need any extra cooling.

Overclocking isn't something I'd suggest to people, and never something
you should do to someone elses machine, but it can be a nice little
challenge if you're that way inclined...  I never got into the water
cooling, but know people that did.  Also, I probably won't do it on my
next machine because it's not needed.  (Not that it is now, I just had
one of those "because I can" moments. :) )

Thanks,
Phil.